- Monday – Friday9AM – 8PM
Video: Dr Michael Dadson, PhD Gentle Currents Therapy
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson)
Ph.D., Counselling Psychology Registered Clinical Counsellor
Dr. Michael Dadson has extensive experience in dealing clients who are affected by trauma, PTSD and dissociation. Dr. Mike Dadson was active member and was a board member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) from 2016-2017 and was named a fellow in 2017 to the ISSTD. From 2014 to 2018, Dr. Mike Dadson was the National Executive Director and the National Clinical Director of the Veterans Transition Network (VTN). Dr. Michael Dadson was also a Clinical Contractor with the VTN, delivering programs from 2013-2020. During Dr.Mike Dadson’s tenure as the Executive and Clinical Director for the VTN, Dr. Dadson’s works were presented to the STANDING COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY AND NATIONAL SECURITY,
Serving a level 3 Foster Parent for the Ministry for Children and Families for many years, Dr. Mike Dadson has worked with children living with various emotional traumas and varying degrees of disabilities.
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) is also a Blue Cross provider for Veterans and RCMP, and a registered service provider for Victims Services, and ICBC.
Recently Dr. Michael Dadson underwent an extensive review process withThreeBestRated.com, to be named one of the top 3 marriage counselors in Langley, British Columbia.
According to ThreeBestRated.com,
“All of our marriage counselors face a rigorous 50-Point Inspection, which includes everything from checking reviews, ratings, reputation, history, complaints, satisfaction, trust and cost to the general excellence”.
As an ordained Chaplain, Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) has 25 years of extensive counseling experience in childcare, family matters and resources.With these experiences in mind, Dr. mike Dadson fosters an environment of acceptance and diversity for his clients working through issues such as depression, addictions, anxiety, attachment, trauma/PTSD, violent crimes, parenting, relationships, and much more. Dr. Michael Dadson, feels “It is my passion to make counselling a comfortable and safe space for people from all walks of life and I’ll continue to do so.”
Dr. Michael Dadson’s certifications, licences and extensive research can be found under the “Professional Accomplishments” section below.
A Unique Take on Therapy
It is Dr. Michael Dadson’s belief: “A compassionate approach with others utilizing a wide range of skills in clinical therapy, is the best combination available to create an environment inspiring change in personal growth and ultimately transformation.”
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) has always believed that humans have the ability to creatively and resourcefully solve inner injuries and personal challenges they may be experiencing. Through several trials of research, it has been shown that “people experience true progress and growth when they are nurtured in an environment that fosters respect, structure, and an abundance of support” explains Dr. Michael Dadson.
In Dr. Michael Dadson’s (Mike Dadson) practice, you will discover inclusions of the following assumptions:
- Every person has value and are able to realize that value through inner reflection.
- All people deserve respect and acceptance.
- Dr. Dadson’s practice is an environment of safety and acceptance regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other identifier or factor.
- We can all change when given the right tools.
- People must accept responsibility for progress and successes, and realize that their counselor is only a guide.
- Understanding the situation in-depth is a priority. Without a strong foundation of knowledge, we can’t hope to solve anything effectively.
- Counselling is a service that most people can benefit from, even counsellors themselves. It is healthy to talk about feelings, issues, and other matters in your life.
Approach & Values
Dr. Mike Dadson provides counseling for individuals, couples, and families overcome or manage their issues to live a happier and better quality of life.
As a Level 3 therapeutic foster parent, Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson), has lived and worked with children from diverse cultural backgrounds, affected by a wide range of mental health and neurological disorders. In addition, Dr. Dadson contracted with Intensive Child Care Resources Vancouver (ICCR) for many years.
According to the Ministry of Children and Family Development, “Specialized homes (levels 1, 2 and 3) care for children with moderately to extremely challenging behavioural/emotional issues or significant developmental delay. Each level has special approval, experience and training requirements, and separate service expectations.”
As a couple, if you are struggling in your relationship or your role as a partner, Dr. Dadson believes getting couples counselling can benefit not only you, but relationships in every aspect of your life.
Licenses and Associations
- Canadian Certified Counsellor
- Licensed in the Province of BC
- Registered Clinical Counsellor, BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Ordained Minister/Chaplain (Retired)
- 2016-2017 Board member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD), named fellow in 2017 in the ISSTD
- THE BEST RATED Marriage Counsellors in Langley, British Columbia
- Certified Myers Briggs Personality Type Assessor
- Certified Strong Interest Inventory Assessor
- Certified Observed & Experiential Integration (OEI) Therapist and Trainer
- Certified QPRT Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Level One and Level Two
- Enactment Therapy Trainer Level One and Level Two
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy Level One
- Certificate of Excellence for delivery of Foster Parent Care
Dr. Michael Dadson Publications
- The evaluation of a group for veterans who experienced military related trauma
- The Application of Attachment Theory and Mentalization in Complex Tertiary Structural Dissociation: A Case Study
- Integrative therapeutic interventions of phase oriented treatment: Additional reflections on the case of Lynne.
- Dadson, M.R., The Influence of Fathers’ Involvement on Sons’ Health Psynopsis 2012. Winter/Hiver 2012 – Volume 34 No. 1. , 2012
- Michael Dadson’s Final Ph.D. Defence (CNPS): The stories of our fathers: Men’s recovery from intergenerational wounds
- Abuse Counseling (Verbal, Emotional, Physical, Sexual)
- Adjustment Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Issues
- Couples Counselling
- Developmental Attachment Injuries
- Dissociative Disorders
- Family Counseling
- Father and Child Relationships
- First Responders
- Grief, Loss and Bereavement
- Individual Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Men’s Mental Health
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Trauma and PTSD
Mike Dadson, BC Clinical Counsellor, Creates YouTube Channel to Address Top Mental Health Challenges
B.C. Clinical Counsellor Available to Talk About Issues Related to COVID-19 Outbreak
B.C. Clinical Counsellor : To Combat COVID-19, Behavioral Pitfalls Must be Addressed
Getting Started is Easy
In your first session, Dr. Michael Dadson will discuss what has been happening in your life, potentially review your background, or some of your past experiences which have been stressful or traumatic. Once Dr. Dadson determines your needs, counseling options best suited to you and your goals will be presented.
Dr. Dadson abides by the code of ethics identified for standards of practice as set out the Canadian Association of Clinical Counsellors and Psychotherapy (CCC) Association.
Counseling sessions are confidential. However as noted in section B, B2 and B3, of the Counselling / Therapy Responsibilities of the CCC, exceptions occur when disclosure is ordered by a court, there is a need to prevent clear and immediate danger to a client or others.
"Through counseling I have been able to make sense and purpose out of my thoughts and life experiences and gain confidence"
"My sessions with Mike have been life-changing for me. Mike has helped me to dig deeper and to get at the root of the problem."
"Mike Dadson helped me to see value in caring for myself and letting go of unrealistic expectations."
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will a session cost?
Dr. Michael Dadson’s (Mike Dadson), counseling session is $175/hr taxes included (50 minute hour). Various forms of financial assistance can be found here.
Neurofeedback Session Fees
Individual sessions-$120/hr plus taxes (50 minute hour)
Couples session rates are $175/hr plus taxes (50 minute hour)
How do I book an appointment?
To book an appointment for Neurofeedback or LENS treatment click here or call our office at (778) 554-0174
What is your expertise?
Dr. Michael Dadson continues to help a full range of diverse individuals, couples, and families overcome stress, depression, anxiety, Trauma, PTSD, dissociative disorders, adjustment issues and developmental attachment injuries. Dr. Dadson’s publications in the areas of trauma and PTSD recovery, Dissociation Identity Disorder (DID), and father and son relationships, can be found under the “Publications” Section above.
For a full list of Dr. Mike Dadson’s areas of expertise, please visit “Our Expertise” section above.
Will the information I share remain confidential?
Dr. Michael Dadson adheres to the code of ethics as set out by the Canadian Association of Clinical Counsellors and Psychotherapy (CCC) Association.
Counseling sessions are confidential. However as noted in section B, counselling and therapy responsibilities of the CCC, exceptions include when a need is presented to prevent defined and immediate danger to a client or others, or when a court orders disclosure.
What is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback is a non-invasive therapeutic, intervention treatment method that assists you to consciously control your brain wave patterns.
Click here for more information on Neurofeedback
What are the benefits of Neurofeedback?
The result of neurofeedback treatment can be greater relaxation, a sense of ease and emotional resilience. Among other neurological and mental health issues, Neurofeedback has been used in the treatment of ADHD, trauma and PTSD recovery, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, ASD, insomnia and drug addiction. (Larson, S 2006)
What is Low Energy Neurofeedback System?
Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS), is a safe and effective neurofeedback therapy. In contrast to traditional neurofeedback (requiring your involvement in retraining your brain), the LENS software does all the work to remove blockages that may be causing your symptoms.
How long is a Neurofeedback session?
A neurofeedback session will take between 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
Is it a continuous process?
The Neurofeedback process is based on the needs and goals of individual clients.
How many sessions are required for treatment?
Your therapist or counsellor will discuss the number of recommended sessions with you based on your needs and treatment goals.
For further reading or viewing on Neurofeedback, follow these 5 links:
- Neurofeedback at Gentle Currents Therapy
- Neurofeedback: A Comprehensive Review on System Design, Methodology and Clinical Applications Hengameh Marzbani, Hamid Reza Marateb, and Marjan Mansourian
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Neurofeedback Training in the Context of Clinical and Social Neuroscience
- What Is Neurofeedback Therapy?
- Getting in Touch with Your Inner Brainwaves through Biofeedback