Adjustment Issues Counseling in Langley
It is often difficult for parents to keep pace with the evolving culture and the increased need for healthy communication skills especially in children. In today’s culture, Dr. Mike Dadson understands many parents work fulltime and there is less time to engaged with their children as a result. At the same time, other parents others are over-involved. If your child is depressed, overly anxious, acting out, violent, breaking the law or overly rebellious, and you feel like you have lost control, Dr. Dadson believes “it is time to consider counselling”.
Dr. Mike Dadson provides a professional, yet safe and nurturing environment for your child or teen to explore their issues and to help get them back on track. If you are looking for a registered clinical counsellor (RCC) who offers youth counseling to address your child’s teen adjustment issues, counseling with Dr. Dadson can help. Identifying what the underlying issues may be, coupled with acquiring new coping skills, can have a positive influence on the life your child or teen. Dr. Dadson has specialized training in parenting not only because if his practical work as a foster parent for over 30 years but because he directed his research in his Ph.D. and his M.A. in Counselling Psychology towards understanding fatherhood, trauma and recovery. He is currently writing a book about the process of men’s recovery from traumatic injuries incurred from their fathers.
- Adjustment Disorders| John Hopkins Medicine
- A count of coping strategies: A longitudinal study investigating an alternative method to understanding coping and adjustment | PLOS ONE, 2017 |doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0186057
- Change Your Brain: Neuroscientist Dr. Andrew Huberman | Rich Roll Podcast
- Adjustment Disorder | DSM-5 Diagnosis and Treatment| JJ Medicine
- Adjustment Disorder Basics| Child Mind Institute