Anxiety Counselling in Langley
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson), relays the “cause of anxiety may be related to the belief that one’s sense of self is worthless, the belief and thinking that you have a low sense of self-worth, or one’s value isn’t high”.
In therapy Dr. Mike Dadson will get to the core of your beliefs, thinking and feelings of low self-worth, or the feeling of sadness, or even self-hatred.
When people are not able to manage their day to day relationships, it can be a fundamental cause of anxiety or depression.
According to Dr. Michael Dadson“anxiety is a natural response to stress or, repeated exposure stress or, to a stressful incident”. Anxiety can also be accompanied by symptoms of depression or avoidance. Types of anxiety disorders include: generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, panic disorder, specific phobias, and agoraphobia.
These differ in sharp contrast to occasionally feeling nervous or anxiousness- a natural instinct that can protect or warn us from danger.
Links to Learn Anxiety Coping Strategies and to Understand more
- Turning Fear into Power: Understanding and managing anxiety | Longwood Seminar | Harvard Medical School
- How to cope with anxiety | Olivia Remes | TEDxUHasselt
- Child Mind Institute
- Anxiety |National Institute of Mental Health
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America| Generalised Anxiety Disorders (GAD)
- Anxiety disorder| Wikipedia
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) – causes, symptoms & treatment | Osmosis
- How Your Brain Can Turn Anxiety into Calmness, Dr. Martin Rosmann | University of California Television (UCTV)
- 4. Assessment of strategies for coping with anxiety: Preliminary investigations| Anxiety Disorders