Coping Skills Counselling in Langley
People seek counseling or therapy for a wide range of concerns. Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson), knows that when you struggle with anxiety, depression, loneliness, a lack of fulfillment, unmet needs in your relationship, or if you are coping with loss or grief or job related stress, requires some form of coping skills. Dr. Mike Dadson relates “without effective coping skills for incidents of stress, people can be vulnerable to addiction or further mental and physical health concerns”.
Dr. Michael Dadson will focus on the development of your coping skills or enhancing existing coping skills for stress management and a variety of other mental health issues during your counseling sessions. Dr. Dadson offers a wide range of techniques and therapies to assist people to develop coping skills including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Dr. Michael Dadson always seeks to respect each person’s uniqueness, understanding that each of us are different, and heal in different ways. For more information about the development of coping skills contact Dr. Mike Dadson.
Links to Build and Understand Coping Skills
- Assessment of strategies for coping with anxiety: Preliminary investigations|M. Genest et al (1990) |Journal of Anxiety Disorders |doi: 10.1016/0887-6185(90)90020-A
- Stress: Coping With Life’s Stressors| Cleveland Clinic
- 50 Strategies to Beat Anxiety| Psychology Today
- Medical News Today-Best coping methods for anxiety | Medical News Today
- Calming Skills for Children|Coping Skills for KIDS
- Our Mental Health Space |Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust-A to Z of coping strategies
- The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong | Amy Morin | TEDxOcala
- How mindfulness changes the emotional life of our brains | Richard J. Davidson | TEDxSanFrancisco