Developmental Attachment Injury (DID) Counseling in Langley
To view Dr. Dadson’s research in the area of Developmental Attachment Injury (DID) click here.
Trauma in children can result in a variety of symptoms like nightmares, bedwetting, anxiety, depression, disdain for authority, poor grades, mood swings, substance abuse, and self-harm.
Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) spent his formative career years studying trauma. As a prior Executive and Clinical Director of the Veterans Transition Network, Dr. Dadson significant expertise in the effects trauma can have on a human being.
Dr. Mike Dadson suggests “family counseling can be important for children affected by DID and a great way for parents to find answers behind the behaviours of their child”. Dr. Dadson will work with you and your child to identify issues at the core of the behavior help them restructure negative thoughts. If you are looking for a registered clinical counsellor (RCC), with specialized training in trauma counseling for children, contact Dr. Michael Dadson.
5 Links to Discover More about Attachment Disorder:
- 4 Ways a Traumatic Childhood Affects Adult Relationships|Psychology Today
- Early Childhood Trauma| Attachment and Trauma Network
- Attachment Theory: How Childhood Affects Life|Sprouts
- The Link between Types of Attachment and Childhood Trauma | AtilganErozkan (2016) | DOI: 10.13189/ujer.2016.040517
- Attachment Disorder-Wikipedia