Emotionally Focused Therapy in Brookswood, Langley
EFT also assumes if you lack awareness of your emotions or are avoidant of emotions that feel hurtful or uncomfortable, it is a significant disadvantage to us when we cannot access important information that comes from these emotions. This disadvantage is highlighted in relationships where emotions always play a significant role. In EFT there are discussions of primary and secondary emotions. Secondary emotions are emotions about emotions. Like, feeling ashamed of crying because of grief or afraid of feeling angry. Unless the primary emotions is addressed the secondary emotion will not be resolved. EFT has lead the way in many very important studies about the importance and value of emotions in our lives and how working effectively attuning, tracking and processing emotions can help lead to a resolution of unpleasant and intrusive emotional experiences.
In therapy, Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson), will listen to you, with a compassionate, receptive, accepting, non-judgmental, approach. Dr. Mike Dadson then reflects with questioning for you to help you better understand your emptions.
Dr. Michael Dadson, will support you with a variety of emotional coaching methods to guide you in the development and use of healthy emotions in your day to day life.During your counseling sessions with Dr. Mike Dadson, he will focus on helping you with goals that may include learning:
- Increased emotional awareness
- Regulation of your emotions
- How to talk about your emotions with specific description
- Ways to become more aware of the various layers attached to your emotions and how to cope with responding to them
Dr. Michael Dadson is qualified in EFT and can help you with a wide range of issues. Dr. Mike Dadson will help you to become more in touch with your emotions to reduce the negative impacts formed by emotions that are maladaptive, enabling you to become more capable of coping in your everyday life.
To book a counseling appointment and begin to change your life for the better moving forward from the issues that have been holding you back, contact Dr. Michael Dadson here.
Want to Know More about Emotionally Focused Therapy? Here are 5 Links to Follow:
- Emotion-Focused Therapy-American Psychological Association
- The practice of emotionally focused couple therapy: Creating connection, SM Johnson (2019)
- What is Emotionally Focused Therapy (or EFT)? Dr. Sue Johnson
- Emotionally focused therapy| Wikipedia
- Introducing compassion-focused therapy| P. Gilbert (January 2018)| Advances in Psychiatric Treatment