Father and Child Relationship Counselling in Langley
Once a newborn arrives, parents realize very quickly the demands to raise a child. However, long months of precious little sleep, and caring for an infant who can’t verbalize their needs in language we understand, can take its toll.Most parents don’t have the luxury to spend every moment with their child.
Previously, research into child development did not recognize the significant role fathers played in the development of their child. However, an abundance of research is now confirming the importance of a fathers role in the cognitive skills and long term, emotional well-being of their child.
With counseling, Dr. Michael Dadson can help fathers’ and parents to better cope with the daunting task of raising a child by understanding their past parental relationships, learning new skills to cope with the behavior and demands of a young child or a teenager.
If you are looking for a registered clinical counsellor (RCC) with a depth of success and experience counselling in the area of father child, parent child relationships, or you need to address your parenting issues, contact Dr. Michael Dadson.
7 Great Links to Appreciate the Importance of Positive Father Child Relationships
- Father Involvement and Father-Child Relationship Quality: An Intergenerational Perspective, Von Jessee et al.,(2018) | doi: 10.1080/15295192.2018.1405700
- Types of Damaging Fathers and How They Influence Who We Are, | ElsabethFranzoso
- The secret of being a good father| BBC
- The Power of Dad- How parent-child relationships are key to well-being| American Psychological Association
- 6 Types of Unhealthy Father Daughter Relationships | Psych2Go
- The Father Wound | Otto Kelly | TEDxCarsonCity
- What Makes a Great Father? | Mark Trahan | TEDxTexasStateUniversity