Self Esteem Counselling in Langley
“A person’s basic sense of worth determines how well we are able to deal with conflict, adversity, family and relationship matters, school performance, work and pressures of life in general”, Dr. Mike Dadson relates. A person with low self-esteem often feels alone, shameful, full of self-doubt, isolated or depressed.
Dr. Michael Dadsonbelieves, “when feelings of low self-esteem are not addressed, a negative self-image can lead to social anxiety, loneliness, self-criticism, shame and even anger”. Constant self-doubt, self-criticism can negatively impact every interaction at home, work or in a person’s social life.
“Feelings of low self-esteem are related to one or more of the following: a dysfunctional childhood, negative peer relationships, a lack of emotional support in childhood, struggles in academic performance, staying in an abusive relationship, medical or mental health issues”,
Dr. Dadson identifies.
Dr. Mike Dadson relates ways of increasing positive self-esteem feelings:
- Know and give yourself credit for what you’re good at
- Create and look for positive relationships
- Show the same kindness and understanding to yourself that you extend to others
- Develop self-assertive skills
- Learn to say NO
- Challenge yourself to learn and try new things
Dr. Michael Dadson can help you come to terms with self-esteem issues, help to identify the cause of your issues and help you regain control over your circumstances through goal-directed therapy.
If you are looking for a registered clinical counsellor (RCC) who offers goal-directed therapy to address your self-esteem issues, contact Dr. Mike Dadson.
Links to Build Self Esteem and Understanding the Causes of Low Self-Esteem
- The skill of self-confidence | Dr. Ivan Joseph | TEDxRyersonU
- Self Esteem | Goodtherapy
- Self Esteem-Department of Health| State Government of Victoria | Australia
- Raising low self-esteem | NHS, UK
- The relationship between self-esteem and cyberbullying: A meta-analysis of children and youth students| H. Lei et al.,| doi:10.1007/S12144-019-00407-6
- Cyberbullying and self-esteem in Australian adults| K. Brck, et al., (2014) | Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace
- How to Build Self-Esteem – The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden|FightMediocrity
- 7 Psychology Tricks to Build Unstoppable Confidence| TopThink
- The skill of self-confidence | Dr. Ivan Joseph | TEDxRyersonU(