Men’s Mental Health Counselling in Langley
At key junctures in our life’s journey, we are confronted with painful experiences that can create the urgent need for change.Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) has substantial experience dealing with men’s mental health issues throughout his career. Dr. Mike Dadson draws from a wide variety of clinically successful approaches, the life experience gained by a diverse and enriching career path with more than 30 years of professional counseling, being a father of 5, andspecialised foster parent for more than 20 years.
Dr. Dadson’s study and research in the area of father and son relationships can be read here.
A complete list of Dr. Mike Dadson’s works and publications can be found under the “Professional Accomplishments” Section here.
During your counselling sessions, Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) will draw on a wide variety of therapeutic approaches to address men’s mental health issues. Dr. Mike Dadson will work togetherwith you to develop a counseling plan that will address your issues, provideresiliency skills to help you learn coping mechanisms to deal with your challenges and existing struggles. Dr. Mike Dadson remains committed to helping his clients experience positive growth through counseling, providing hope & optimism surrounding the adjustments you need to make to attain contentment, and well-being in your life.
- Dr. Michael Dadson was named one of the “Three Best Rated Marriage Counsellors in Langley BC”
- Dr.Dadson, is a Canadian Certified Counsellor and a certified Clinical Counselor in British Columbia registered with the British Columbia Clinical Counselors Association
As a conference presenter at the University of Laval, Future Perspectives on Intervention Policy and Research on Men and Masculinities, Dr. Mike Dadson presented his works on The Themes of Father/Child Closeness, outlining the meaning and significance of fatherly relationships and the meaning children experience, how that shapes core perceptions of adults, and identity.
Dr. Mike Dadson is committed to developing a realistic plan that will foster skills development, and coping mechanisms to manage and overcome the challenges in your life.
7 Links to Increase your Awareness ofMen’s Mental Health Issues
- Mental health professionals view about the impact of male gender for the treatment of men with depression – A qualitative study | Maja Stiawa et al., (2020)| BMC Psychiatry |doi: 10.1186/s12888-020-02686-x.
- Men’s Mental Health: Social Determinants and Implications for Services| W. Affleck et al., (2018) |
Can J Psychiatry 2018| doi: 10.1177/0706743718762388
- Speaking of Psychology: How masculinity can hurt mental health| AmericanPsychologicalAssociation
- Men’s Mental Health | Ground Up 093
- Men and Mental Health|National Institute of Mental Health
- Men’s Mental Health: A Silent Crisis | Psychology Today Canada
- Male depression: Understanding the issues | Mayo Clinic