Person-centered Therapy in Brookswood, Langley
Person-centered therapy focuses on a person’s own ability to attain growth and fulfilment.
Dr. Mike Dadson relays, “Person-centered therapeutics develops a quality relationship with the client through humanistic dialogue in order to facilitate change in a client’s mental health and well-being”.
Dr. Mike Dadson identifies the core elements of person centered therapy as:
- Empathy-Your counsellor strives to understand your perspective
- Congruence-Your counsellor relates to you as a genuine person
- Unconditional positive regard-Your counsellor is non-judgemental about your thoughts or beliefs
- The basic trust that each person, when provided with an optimal environment, has the resources within them to reach their potential.
For More Information on Person Centered Therapy Follow these X Links
- Person-centered Therapeutics |Int J Pers Cent Med. | C. Robert Cloninger (2015) | doi: 10.5750/ijpcm.v1i1.21
- Simple Psychology | Dr. Saul McLeod
- Carl Rogers on Person-Centered Therapy Video | PsychotherapyNet
- Role Play: Person Centred Therapy | Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors
- Person-centered therapy