Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD )Counseling in Langley
Exposure to new stress may increase the symptoms, as can reminders of the traumatic incident. Therapists who address Post Traumatic Stress Disorder generally use one, or a combination of trauma therapies during treatment.
Dr. Michael Dadson has conducted extensive Trauma, PTSD and dissociation researchduring his tenure as the Executive Director for the Veteran’s Transition Network. Click here to read “Evaluation of a group intervention for veterans who experienced military-related trauma”
As a former board member of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) from 2016-2017,Dr. Dadson was also a named a fellow in 2017 to the ISSTD.
From 2014 to 2018, Dr. Michael Dadson (Mike Dadson) was the National Executive Director and the National Clinical Director of the Veterans Transition Network.
Dr. Mike Dadson was also a Clinical Contractor delivering programs from 2013-2020. During his tenure as the Executive and Clinical Director, Veteran’s Transition Network, Dr. Dadson’s works were introduced to the STANDING COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY AND NATIONAL SECURITY
Dr. Michael Dadson’s works on the Treatment for trauma or PTSD may involve one or more forms of therapy.
Review these 7 links for more good Information on Trauma and PTSD, Effects and Recovery
- The Link between Types of Attachment and Childhood Trauma |AtilganErozkan(2016) | Universal Journal of Educational Research | doi 10.13189/ujer.2016.040517
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)| Canadian Association Mental Health Association
- The neurological pathways of PTSD| Implications for treatment” pages, 13-15.
- Past trauma may haunt your future healthHarvard Health Publishing| Harvard Medical School
- Understanding PTSD and PTSD | TretmentNational Center for PTSD (Veterans Affairs)
- Good relationships are the key to healing trauma | Karen Treisman | TEDxWarwickSalon
- Trauma is irreversible. How it shapes us is our choice. | Sasha Joseph Neulinger |TEDxBozeman