Trauma Focused Therapy in Brookswood, Langley
Evolved from a partial need to address the volume of research indicating trauma is prevalent in our society and the personal and financial costs to our health care system’.
“What happened to you, rather than what’s wrong with you, is a foundational move when providing trauma counseling” characterizes Dr. Mike Dadson. It is important to have a complete understanding of a client’s life history to understand their life picture when dealing with trauma. Trauma focused therapy is based in the belief there is a relationship between the trauma event, the emotional and behaviour responses a child or adult may have.
“Trauma-Focused Therapy is a specific approach to therapy that recognizes and emphasizes understanding how the traumatic experience impacts a child’s mental, behavioral, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.”
Dr. Michael Dadson understands the impact of trauma to your life, your family and friends. Dr. Michael Dadson details his extensive trauma therapy and recovery experiences in his biography
For more information on counseling services for the recovery of trauma in your life, contact Dr. Michael Dadson here.
6 Links for You to Become More Aware of Trauma Informed Care and Therapy
- Trauma informed Care: Perspectives and ResourcesJBs International Inc.| Georgetown University | National Technical Assistance Center for Children’s Mental Health
- Key Ingredients for Successful Trauma-Informed Care Implementation | Center for Health Care Strategies Inc.
- A paradigm shift: relationships in trauma-informed mental health services| A. Sweeney et al. (2018)| BJPsych Advances| doi: 10.1192/bja.2018.29
- The paradox of trauma-informed care | Vicky Kelly | TEDxWilmington
- Trauma Informed Care| Children’s Healthcare Canada
- Chapter 1 Trauma-Informed Care: A Sociocultural Perspective| Trauma-Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services